Theta Phi Alpha Foundation Scholarships
All sisters of Theta Phi Alpha in good standing are eligible to apply for the annual Theta Phi Alpha Foundation Scholarships. Awardees are chosen on the basis of three criteria: academic performance (transcripts are required), financial need, and service to Theta Phi Alpha. The official application is available through the website or through National Office. A recommendation letter must be obtained from the Chapter Advisor (for undergraduates) or from another National Office (for graduate students). A personal statement of no more than two paragraphs is allowed.
Winners are announced each year at Leadership Conference or Convention. Award packets are mailed immediately afterward.
An application can be found here. Applications are due by April 15, 2013.
Undergraduate Interfraternity Institute
As a Foundation, we serve the members of Theta Phi Alpha by providing scholarships and by funding educational programs. The Undergraduate Interfraternity Institute (UIFI), sponsored by the North-American Interfraternity Conference (NIC), is a leadership training seminar which has afforded thousands of Greek women and men the opportunity to learn from higher education professionals, national sorority and fraternity headquarter staffs as well as volunteer mentors and other students from across the country.
The Theta Phi Alpha Foundation has established scholarships for collegiate members to attend one of the sessions offered for Summer 2013. A scholarship covers all costs associated with attending the Institute, including travel costs and the registration fee. Meals and lodging are included in the registration fee.
Any collegiate sister meeting the following criteria and interested in this phenomenal opportunity is encouraged to apply for a scholarship.
Who Can Apply?
- Must be initiated at the time of application
- Must currently hold an office in the chapter.
- Must be in good academic and financial standing with the chapter.
More information regarding UIFI, including session dates and locations, can be found on NIC's official website (nicindy.org).
It is important to note that no travel arrangements should be made until NIC confirms that you have been given your choice of sessions. Since space is extremely limited, please select only dates that you will be able to attend. Once you are assigned to a session, it is very difficult, even impossible, to change to another session.
An application for the UIFI scholarship can be found here . Applications must be submitted by March 15, 2013.
If you have any questions, please contact Foundation@ThetaPhiAlpha.org
2012 Undergratuate Interfraternity Institute (UIFI) Grant Recipients
LeeAnn Prisk, BE
Ashley Morton, ΓΡ
2012 Scholarship Recipients
- Bishop Edward D. Kelly Scholarship - Suzan Early, BΛ
- Dorothy Caughey Phalan Scholarship - Ariel Zilinski, BΛ
- Katrina Caughey Ward Scholarship - Samantha Wyant, ΓM
- Mildred Connely Scholarship - Jessica Cox, AM
- Selma Gilday Scholarship - Michelle Dunnick, AB
- Otilia Leuctweis O’Hara Scholarship - Courtney Cook, Z
- Amelia McSweeney Scholarship - Megan Tunink, M
- Camilla Ryan Sutherland Scholarship - Kayla Cornell, BΛ
- Helen Ryan Quinlan Scholarship - Catherine Nimtz, ΓΦ
- May C. Ryan Scholarship - Allison Tucker, ΓΦ
- Eva Stroh Bauer Everson Scholarship - Kara Klem, K
- Centennial Scholarship - Paige Gaver, AΠ